Friday, January 13, 2012

Meatloaf.....the final frontier

After requesting tasty and delicious meatloaf recipe variations last night, I received a couple of ideas that I'd like to share with you. 

How could I forget the addition of green peppers and onions?  Well, mostly because I don't like onions at all and don't like green peppers in meatloaf that's how.  But I must acknowledge that most people do it this way.  In fact, my meatloaf recipe came from my mother's and she ALWAYS put peppers and onions in hers. 

The good thing about morphing the loaves is that you can ball up and customize your meatloaf for everyone in your family.  Sometimes I've made my husband his own special loaf with peppers and onions.  It's not hard to do.  Just separate your mixture and add your variations and custom ingredients then just ball each one up separately. 

One idea that someone shared with me that I think I'll try is a taco meatloaf.  My friend Angie told me on Facebook that she makes the taco meatloaf with a pack of taco seasoning and some black olives mixed in the mixture.  Interesting!  Sounds tasty!  I'll bet you can put some salsa and cheese all up in there too!  Maybe crushed up tortilla chips instead of crackers??

So this opens up a whole way of thinking about meatloaf variations. I'm kind of thinking....I wonder what a pack of onion soup mix would taste like in the mix???  Or...what about a pack of ranch flavoring???  Has anyone out there ever tried this?

One of my friends suggested an Italian meatloaf with cheese baked on the INSIDE of the loaf.  Hoo doggies!  A cheese-filled loaf??  Awesome!!!

What about a stroganoff variation with mushrooms and sour cream?  Hmmmmm............

The possibilities are endless.

Send me your ideas or suggestions!  Especially if you've tried any of these brainstorming ideas I'm having. 

The beauty is you dump it in a bowl, mash it up, morph it, and bake it.  So it's a quick and easy dinner....or maybe more?  Breakfast meatloaf?  OK maybe I'm going too far here.

Anyway, forward your ideas if you can!

Oh!  And I forgot one of the best things about meatloaf!  The leftovers.....  My husband is always thrilled to have a meatloaf sandwich for lunch the next day.  And I'm getting ready to go heat up some leftovers for dinner now!  No cooking tonight!  I'll just be loafin' around. 


And so will Sticky...

Happy DIY'ing!
Amy, the DIY Monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment